Recently, Jacqui of The French Village Diaries nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m pleased as punch as my blog is so new – to be honest it’s a surprise to know that peeps are reading and enjoying it! So – many thanks, Jacqui (you’ll be having second thoughts when I bring my hiking mischief to France this summer…) :-)
The Versatile Blogger Award is a great way for bloggers to introduce different bloggers to each other and also to promote quality blogs that the awardees and their followers might not otherwise discover. (Note from Karen: Although I enjoy lots of well-established blogs with large readerships, I have tried in this instance to choose my 15 blogs with the above thought firmly in mind).
The rules of the award are quite simple:
Thank the person who gave you this award.Include a link to their blog. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. (Note from Karen: I informed my chosen bloggers in various ways). Include this set of rules in your post.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My 15 nominated blogs (in no particular order) are:
This French Life
Blog in France
A Little Drop of Cognac
Chez Lou Lou
See My Travels
Stewart Smith Photography
Dean Read dot net
Chronicles of Chloe Greene
Do pay them a visit – some are informative or inspirational, some humorous and others showcase some great photos. At first I thought it might take me a while to come up with 15 blogs but at least 20 blogs rolled off my pen effortlessly; there are obviously some great blogs out there. Either that or I spend far too much time online reading blogs when I should be working!
The last request of this Versatile Blogger Award is for me to reveal 7 things about myself. Here we go… If I get arrested afterwards will you all vouch for me…?
1. I never wear black. Don’t get the obsession – it’s such a draining colour! What’s wrong with charcoal, aubergine, olive or chocolate? Still hides those naughty excess pounds but much more flattering.
2. I once took the controls of a jumbo jet in the air. I loved it, passengers noticeably queasy. Told you I’d get arrested.
3. I love pastry. Cornish pasties, pork pies, sweet pastries, doughnuts…really must stop..
4. I don’t watch TV – not a big reveal I know but it is rare! Not that I’m against the box – I’ve just got too many other things I’d rather do instead!
5. I really love hiking. Funnily enough I love driving too which may seem odd! I’ve driven over a lot of UK and France on my lonesome. Now that’s a story for another day…
6. I have 3 kids (I say kids, they’re all taller..and smarter..than me)
7. I have moved house (and area) so many times that I’m told I now have a hotchpotch of an accent. Have a listen for yourself…