After my post yesterday where I shared the daily mall walking habit of 103 year old Mekey Yetashawork I’ve been inspired to dig out some of my favourite quotes about walking. Here we go…
- After a day’s walk everything has twice its usual value. ~George Macauley Trevelyan
- If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk. ~Raymond Inmon
- A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White
- In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir
- The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. ~Jacqueline Schiff
Now shall I walk
or shall I ride?
“Ride,” Pleasure said:
“Walk,” Joy replied.